Saturday, January 2, 2016

Kelli's Clutch Job (1-2-16)

"Kelli," Ink & Marker on 8 1/2" x 11" Bristol
Ebay Item # 281899954229

Looks like it's time to put a clutch in Kelli's old "Cleveland Clydesdale."  I'm jealous, really, I need to get another '71-'73 Mach 1 to replace my last one when I can afford it.  Preferably with the toploader four-speed like hers, instead of the lazy FMX automatic I had.

I've been thinking about using a combination of warm and cool grays together in these pieces, so here's my first serious attempt.  But I recently noticed that there are several other artists selling pin-ups done with a combination of warm and cool gray Copic markers, so I was a little hesitant at first.  Nobody wants to look like a copycat.  But I started this one anyway, and then to make matters worse, halfway through the marker stage it looked so bad that I almost round-filed it.  But I'd like to think that it all pulled together pretty well once it was done.  So now I'm thinking about doing more like this.

I'm making changes to how I do things on this blog, Ebay, Patreon, and on paper, so things will be a little different from now on.  I intend to make these pieces less explicit and more sensual from here on out, if I can make it work.  I'll still do some raunchy stuff as well, but I'll be posting it mostly on my Patreon page.  As always, feel free to let me know what you think of the changes as we go.  

Happy 2016, Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. "less explicit and more sensual"? NNNOOO!!! Wait, you did say something about still doing some raunchy stuff on Patreon. Whew!

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I understand the desire to give incentive for your patreon subscribers. But I will certainly miss the more raunchy stuff - hopefully some will still filter through here or on HF.
    As far as the cool grays, it looks good, but it doesn't look like what I have come to identify as your style and work. I'm not one to embrace change, but artists need to grow too, either way, looking forward to your next piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work man! Really like the way it came out, pretty damn cool angle too. I'mma go try and catch some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks GREAT Andy. Definitely closer to my tastes. I think a nice mix of some sensual art and some hardcore explicit art will not only help you grow as an artist, but I also think grow your fan base.

    ReplyDelete