Thursday, September 24, 2015

Kelli's Favorite Dress (9-24-15)

"Kelli," Ink & Marker on 8 1/2" x 11" Bristol
Ebay item # 281809355598

It seems as though things are finally starting to come together around here.  I think I've finally got the swing of producing the comics in a reasonable amount of time, so I've been pulling some hours away to get other things back on track.  I'm steadily catching up on old projects, learning new tricks, and perhaps most importantly, the "Dames" really are back for good!  I'm producing new pin-up pieces at least once a week, if not more, and hopefully it will get better from there.   This page will also be getting a couple of new buttons soon, so stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. Guess it's my favorite dress too...wonderful evolution in the work very evident here.

    What I am digging (as in the previous Sasha piece) is how you are really using the value structure of the pieces to carry much more of the weight. Where before the outlines did most of the heavy lifting when it came to describing the shapes and forms, now you are using the values to accomplish much more of this, allowing the outlines to function more as accents to enhance various parts of the figures. This of course makes the figures look more painterly and realistically 3-D.

    It also makes the pieces much more atmospheric, thus affecting the space around them, even if there is nothing "visibly" there, opening it up regardless. What also is working well are your posing choices, which are becoming more complex and natural, I think. This also yields a more realistic look, part and parcel with what I mentioned above about your use of values. Keep up the excellent work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your analysis is spot-on about how I'm trying to use the values to do more of the work, and use the inks with more thought and care. I like the way things are going here, glad you do to!

    ReplyDelete