Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Checking In!

Andy & Boo in the Studio

Hey, guys!  I wanted to check in and let everyone know what's going on.  Sorry I don't have anything to post besides this photo Tobie took of myself with one of our cats, Boo.  The kitty in the left of our last photo was Blackberry, by the way, and our third cat, Cricket, will doubtless appear eventually.

Anyway, the state of affairs is that I'm making great progress on everything, I'm just much further behind schedule than anticipated.  Switching to digital production for "Cobra's Trap" has been much more difficult to learn than I expected.  But, the new computer is working out great, as well as the new Cintiq display and that little keypad that's in front of the cat (though she still refuses to use it, so I have to do it all).  It's been tough trying to crash-course all of this stuff the hard way, but I'm learning more and getting faster every day, so I have no doubt that this will all work out well.

In fact, I have a whole new plan up my sleeve for getting things done around here, and there's some good stuff on the way in the months to come.  Our fifth CD should be ready to go sometime this summer, as well as plenty of new art in the works.  More new projects and ideas are underway as well, with a solid plan to get them done in a reasonable time, so stick around and I'll do everything I can to make it worthwhile.

Also, I'll admit that there have been other delays, but that's also improving.  As some of you know, I've been dealing with family health problems, which have been a necessary distraction.  However, it seems I now have a minor problem of my own, as I realized I've got a long list of symptoms for type 2 diabetes.  Not unexpected, as I've been fueling myself with soda pop and chocolate for most of my thirty-seven years, and knew that I needed to clean up my act "eventually, before it becomes a problem."  Well, now it's a problem, so it's time to clean up.  Daily exercise and no more junk food- let that be a lesson to anyone else out there with the same bad habits.  So withdrawl hasn't been much fun, but I'm amazed at how much better I've been feeling and working the last few days.  Now I know why I couldn't sleep, couldn't stay awake, couldn't focus, and just generally was having a harder time working than necessary.  So hey, it's not a bad thing- just past due!  Looking forward to losing weight and having a lot more energy to produce a lot more art.

So anyway, that's what's up.  I'll get done with "Cobra's Trap #2" very soon, and we'll have some more lovely bondage art for everyone right afterwards.  Thanks again to all of you for your amazing patience and support!

3 comments:

  1. Cats! Just can't teach them to do anything but eat, sleep, and get in the way. ;-) Will be looking forward to seeing what Cricket looks like.
    Well, glad to hear your health is improving. Hope so are the other health issues in the family.
    Will be looking forward to seeing the new work (well, not the "Cobra's Trap" since futas not my thing) that will be coming out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...can't decide who in this shot is more thrilled about being photographed... No matter, a wizard and his familiar can look however they like while conjuring!

    Glad to hear you are feeling better and will be looking forward to see what you, well, conjure up next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you're alive! I am quite happy with my purchase of the last edition of cobra's trap, and I await the next edition with great anticipation!

    ReplyDelete