Monday, March 23, 2015

As They Say These Days, "That Escalated Quickly"

A sixty-pound display needs a real desk.
Good thing I happen to have one.

Sorry it's been so long since we had any new material here, but I wanted to stop by and let everyone know that there will be more "Dames" coming along soon.  The last few weeks have been incredibly busy, but I'm steadily getting it all sorted out.  One of the biggest distractions has been a huge upgrade we made to the studio by adding a complete "digital art department," which I thought I'd never do.  Fact of the matter is, "Cobra's Trap" has been far more popular than I'd ever expected.  So, since it's only distributed over the internet, there seems to be no reason not to produce it with as many digital tools as possible to save time.  So, we got a loan to add a refurbished and upgraded Mac Pro to the studio to relieve my twelve-year-old Power Mac G5, as well as a new Cintiq 24HD Touch pen display and a few other gadgets.  That will save a ton of time and improve things for everyone.  The supporters of "Cobra's Trap" will get more regular episodes, and since they'll take much less time to finish, I'll have more time to produce my traditional art featuring the "Dames."  Of course there's a huge learning curve, so I've spent a lot more hours lately than I'd like to give myself a crash course in digital production.  So stick around, and the "Dames" will be back soon!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad to see you're still alive as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the classic metal desk! :-) Glad to hear the online comic is going well and congratulations on the new old machine.
    Now you just have to start doing more commissions to pay for the computer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad to hear that "Cobra's Trap" is so popular...you've surely earned it, my friend! Two questions, though. Who is the lovely lass demurely displayed onscreen and what's the cat's name?

    ReplyDelete