Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Trails, Eleanor

1973 Mustang Mach 1, 351C-2V, FMX Automatic, A/C

Though Kelli still has her Mustang, I no longer have mine.  Can't say I'm too pleased about it, either, but sometimes we do what we have to do.  At least the bills are caught up, and we made progress on Tobie's medical expenses.  And as anyone familiar with the "Eleanor" mythos knows (particularly the original version filmed in '74), there's always more than one "Eleanor."  So, perhaps there will be another time.  Meanwhile, I've still got six other beaters from the 1970s, so it's not like I don't have anything to work on outside when spring arrives.  And I still have my favorite, a '71 Riviera I've had for twenty years, so I think I'll be working on that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that sucks. Sorry to her you had to sell Eleanor off. :-( Hopefully you'll get another Eleanor in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're out there. Needs to be another blue one, though, with the Cleveland like this one had. Next time I'll try to spend a little more and get one that needs less time put into it. When I worked in automotive, I had time for big projects. Nowadays, not so much.

      Delete