Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mona and Tina in Color! (9-28-13) SOLD

Mona and Tina, ink & marker on 8 1/2" x 11" bristol, $99.95

Okay, so I know I said I wouldn't do any more big elaborate color pieces for a few weeks.  So... this is a somewhat smaller elaborate color piece- right?  Truth is, I finished the pencils for this, and just knew that I wanted to see how it would look in color, so I went ahead and spent the extra time working it out and cutting masks to spray in the background.  

As for what's going on, I see this as another glimpse into the past, from around the same time as the recent Tina piece.

2 comments:

  1. Now this here is naughty! And definitely sets the mind a-raging as to just what has transpired. And what will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty, but, as they say, nice as well! Very smooth soft light in this piece reinforces the lovely feelings engendered here between Mona and Tina...it positively glows, visually and metaphorically! The Dutch angle of the bed is well balanced against the overall movement of their two bodies in the piece, giving the impression that there is a fair amount of bouncing around going on. The champagne flutes are a nice touch...must be a special occasion, and I love the subtle flush in both of their faces, not to mention both their satisfied expressions, different as they may be.

    I'm glad to see they progressed from pictures on the dashboard to Tina's boudoir (which really must be something given this drawing and the previous Anya/Tina piece). And if Mona was upset in the earlier recent Tina piece, I dare say she has gotten over it!

    I like the way that you are creating at least the possibilities of continued narrative between your postings here...it's an added layer that is quite fun indeed. As for this piece, another very sweet and positive drawing...two happy girls indeed!

    ReplyDelete