Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kelsie in 11" x 17" Color! (7-28-13) SOLD

Kelsie, Ink & Marker on 11" x 17" Bristol, $99.95

July has been a month of nothing but constant distractions and interruptions.  Thanks so much to all of you for sticking around, I really do apologize for the slow updates lately.  However, not all of the distractions have been bad.  I've been spending time improving my long-term plans, and I've located some new equipment that should help make it possible to pursue my art career full-time in the near future.  Hang in there, everyone, and thanks for your patience!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing use of color, especially in the gradations of her hair. Intriguing bone structure and animated pose! Masterful. I am kicking myself I couldn't get a bid in before she was snatched up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts! I don't know if it's my monitor, but I think it's my scanner that's giving me problems. Kelsie's lower ribcage definition seems smoother and a bit less prominent on the original. I've tried adjusting it, but with no luck- I think I just need a better unit. Also, if you're interested in collecting some of my work, drop me an email at andysdames@gmail.com sometime.

      Delete
  2. totally beautiful, the color and I so love pony or near ponygirl pictures. thank you Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to comment! I was talking to a friend about trying the pony outfits in different colors besides black, and thought Kelsie should try a bright pink set on for fun. Glad you liked it! Stay tuned, I may be a little slow sometimes, but I've always wanted to draw- so now that I'm learning how to do it, I don't plan on ever stopping!

      Delete
  3. Love the pink theme going on here. =p And the pony-look does so work for Kelsie. Won't mind seeing more of it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, the pink/lavender color in her outfit works very well, especially in conjunction with the cinnamon color in her hair and flesh, as well as with the plum color of her device...a very well unified and eye catching color scheme (love the subtle color reflections in her hooves, too). The pose is great too, indicating her discombobulation at her predicament very well...and to think it's only set at medium!

    ReplyDelete