Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vacations, Commissions, and Transmissions

Hey everyone!  I've actually been on vacation from the day job this week, catching up on a lot of projects, including swapping a used engine into my old pickup truck, which I desperately need.  Also, I've been making headway on catching up on commissions, so thanks to those of you who have been waiting patiently as I work through them.

Meanwhile, here's my adorable wife Tobie rebuilding her first Mopar A727 automatic transmission in our living room!  I'm having a great time watching her, she hasn't needed my help hardly at all.  I'll admit, this photo was staged, but she's still doing all the work.  She tore it down this far before we cleaned up and went to dinner, then took some silly photos for fun when we got back.  Then she changed back into her work clothes and went back to it!  When we re-plumbed our house and remodeled our bathrooms last year, I saved one of the old bathtubs, just for this project.  We cut one side off the tub, set it on sawhorses, put a bucket under the drain for the oil, and she dug right in!

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you're still posting, even if there's no bound babes this time. Xp

    And good on the wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...love me some Buckaroo Banzai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Buckaroo was my hero as a kid and probably still is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to post more pictures of the lovely Tobie, she is definitely a sexy lady and you are lukcy to have her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We've been meaning to take more photos of us and our crazy projects as we go along, but we always forget since we're busy. It's one of my goals for this year to get better about that.

      Delete
  5. I don't know...seems to me there's got to be a hybrid automotive/cooking show somewhere in this mix! Oh, and "Laugh while you can, Monkey Boy" have always been words I've tried to live by!

    ReplyDelete